[Imc-tech] Re: [Imsahp-users] Re: [Imc] server update

Clint Popetz clint at cpopetz.com
Sun Dec 26 14:41:04 CST 2004

On Sun, Dec 26, 2004 at 02:35:17PM -0600, Mike Lehman wrote:
> Hi Clint,
> Thanks for your thoughts. That is why I asked before I did it. If those
> are the circumstances, truly beyond Soltec's control, than I agree that
> smacking them while they are down is not appropriate.
>
> I've never had to deal with Soltec, but I had heard that their service
> was previously pretty good, based on comments by others. What I was
> wondering was -- Why the change in their previous good service? I
> assumed it was some new management, acquired by someone else, or
> something, but not circumstances beyond their control.

In truth I have no idea why they discontinued DSL...it may have been
any of the things you mention.  But the DSL market has been very tough
of late, due to the factors I mentioned, and I am not surprised to see
SolTec drop DSL service.  So I am only suggesting that someone
intending to do a story should do some digging, which any good IMCista
would probably do anyway :)

> But I still have to admit the way this was carried out seems very
> unprofessional to me.

I agree with that, based on the comments Zach has made.  But I'll also
say that I've been in the employ of no less than three companies that
went under or were bought, and I can tell you that it's a chaotic
time, and the uncertainty over individuals' jobs, company future, etc.
often leads to a chain-reaction of bad service.  It's a tough time
telling customers "Sorry, but we're no longer here for you" and
although there are better and worse ways of doing it, none are easy.

			-Clint