[Imc-tech] dadaIMC tweaks

Daniel S. Lewart lewart at uiuc.edu
Thu Jan 8 18:07:06 CST 2004

UCIMC Tech/Web,

Perhaps Zach should create an imc-dada list? :)

There are several opportunities to uncomment parts of the dadaIMC code,
particularly in mods/newswire/components/rightbar.inc .

1) // uncomment this and place a 16 x 16 image named 'favicon.ico'

I shall do this.  These are used when creating IE bookmarks.
There are two floating around our site:
	http://old.ucimc.org/images/favicon.ico		# Black "n" in red disk
	http://www.ucimc.org/images/favicon.ico		# White ((i)) on black
I will use the latter.  If someone wants to design a better one, go ahead.

2) // uncomment the following line to display author

I shall do this.

3) // uncomment the next few lines to display number of comments!
   // * This will slow down the page a bit! *

I am hesitant to do this.  I suggest waiting until y'all are accustomed
to the site's responsiveness.  Then someone ask me to enable it
and see how badly things slow down.  Here is a recent explanation
of database utilization by spud:
	http://void.nothingness.org/archives/dadaimc/display/1069

Cheers,
Dan