[Imc-tech] Re: [IMC-Process] Re: [Imc-info] clarification on another rumour please

Zachary C. Miller wolfgang at wolfgang.groogroo.com
Thu Jan 8 22:43:28 CST 2004

There are a number of folks on our (UCIMC) server that are unable to
pay our suggested rate and are provided service for free or for
reduced costs. Everything UC-IMC does operates on a sliding scale
basis. We couldn't afford our network connection without the cost
sharing that we do for web services.

This fee sharing arrangement used to be a community service that I
personally offered, before the UC-IMC even existed, and I've
collectivized it through our IMC so that there is collective oversight
and backup administration and so IMC can help manage the funds through
fiscal sponsorship.

No one is making any profit on this, in fact we're still losing money
on it, as we always have, and I'm still personally paying the
difference out of pocket. If we ever did make more money than the cost
of our network connection we'd roll that money back into the
infrastructure to make it better for all users.