[Imc-tech] Re: [Imsahp-users] E-mail account disabling warning. (fwd)

Zachary C. Miller zach at chambana.net
Mon Mar 8 11:54:24 CST 2004

> I've received a bunch of these emails (well, only 6 in the last
> couple of days). Is this legit? Obviously, I don't want to open the
> attachment in case it's "dirty". thanks for the info. Hope all's
> well in IL.

No these messages are absolutely not legitimate. This is a sneaky
virus.

The virus is encrypted with a random password to evade virus detection
filters which is why you were getting so many of them. I have put in
some filters to stop as many of these viruses as possible but it's
impossible at the moment to stop them all.

A note to everyone: Follow in James' example. Never ever open
attachments or execute programs that are sent to you in email unless
you are absolutely certain that you know the sender and what is
contained in the attachment. Regular emails can not infect you with a
virus but an attachment sent by an unscrupulous person can. The "From"
information in an email can be forged.

James R. Jacobs wrote:

> James Jacobs

[ Attachment, skipping... ]