[Imc-tech] Windows 2000 PC in front room

Daniel Lewart lewart at uiuc.edu
Wed May 19 00:00:55 CDT 2004

UCIMC Tech Focus Group,

Sunday afternoon at the IMC I hoped to do some quick web browsing on the
Windows 2000 PC in the front room.  No such luck.  There was a message
about insufficient resources, so I rebooted.  Fifteen minutes later it
was still chugging away, so I gave up in utter disgust.

Questions:
1) What are its CPU and memory?
2) Who maintains it?
3) Is the problem insufficient memory, or viruses/worms?
4) How is it updated?

I'd like to burn a Knoppix CD and give people the option to use it:
	http://www.knoppix.net/
I assume DHCP will be okay and it will work fine. :)
What should the procedures be so that people don't walk off with the CD?

Random question--did the crazy woman ever return to pay for the
UCIMC t-shirt she stole from Zach?

Thanks!
Dan