[Imc-tech] [Fwd: dada hacked]

Zachary C. Miller zach at chambana.net
Thu Apr 28 12:40:28 CDT 2005

Arun's got it right. This is an OLD dada vulnerability that we patched
a long time ago.

<DirectoryMatch ^/var/www/.*/usermedia>
 Options None
 AllowOverride None
 <FilesMatch ".([Pp][Hh].*|[Cc][Gg][Ii]|[Pp][Ll]|[Aa][Ss][Ff])$">
  Order deny,allow
  Deny from all
 </FilesMatch>
</DirectoryMatch>

It would be nice if dada were patched to disallow these filetypes as
well. We shouldn't disable "non-image uploads" since sound files and
some video uploads are also legitimate. But we should severely
restrict the types of multimedia that folks can upload.

Zachary C. Miller - @= - http://zach.chambana.net/