[IMC-Tech] T1 Pricing...

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Thu Dec 8 09:29:11 CST 2005

Hi all,

I've been looking at T1 pricing.  There are several options at around the
$500/month level.  I've found one that has free installation (after rebate),
includes the router, and is for a 1-year term (details below).  But I wonder if
we would be better off going with a multiple (say 3) business lines from various
providers and muxing them on site?

Anyway, just wanted to prod the conversation,

--Sascha

***

Quote Number	273484-6
You have been emailed a password which will enable you to view and print this
quote using our secure customer access area on our front page. You will also be
able to view comments our sales staff make on your account, so you know what is
going on at all times.

Service Description	Full T1 (1.5M x 1.5M)
This is a dedicated connection to your location, with a 1.5 Mbps bidirectional
bandwidth guarantee.

Service Provider	Confidential
The service provider will be made known to you when you are contacted by a
member of our Certified Sales Team.

Term	1 Year
This is the term of this contract, which is renewable upon completion. Many
service providers offer significant discounts for longer term commitments.

Installation Fee	$799.00
This is a 1-time fee that is required to install and activate your circuit. Many
providers offer rebates to offset the installation fee.

Rebate	$799.00
After your circuit is successfully installed and your rebate request forms are
received, you will be mailed a rebate check from the service provider for the
amount above. Please contact your assigned sales agent for assistance in filling
out the rebate forms if you have any questions whatsoever.
Router Included	Yes

This provider will provide you with a free router when you activate your account.

IPs	16 IP Addressed Included - Upgrade Available
This is the number of static IP addresses (fixed ports of entry to the internet)
that come with this package. Additional IP addresses can be purchased for:
$5/month for 1 IP, $10/month for 5 IPs, $15/month for 13 IPs, $25/month for 29
IPs, $35/month for 61 IPs, or $50/month for 125 IPs, and $75/month for 253 IPs.
Email Addresses	50 POP3 Emails with Outbound SMTP Included
This is the number of POP3 email boxes that come with this package.

Web Hosting	25 MB Web Hosting Included
Some providers will provide you with free space where you can host a web site.

Local Loop	$0.00
This is the amount of local loop, or the cost charged by the local telephone
company to connect your premises to the carrier. This charge is included in the
total Monthly Recurring Charge below.

Total Monthly Cost 	$504.95

This is the total amount of Monthly Recurring Charges, including LOOP and PORT
fees. This price is good through the end of December, 2005.
Low Price Guarantee	We guarantee that the rate you get from ShopforT1 will not
be beaten by going directly to our vendors or to another competitor who resells
the same service. If you find a better price for this vendor than this quote you
just received from ShopforT1.com, we will match that price and send you a refund
check for 20% of your first month’s bill (up to $500)! Click here for details

--
Sascha Meinrath
Policy Analyst    *  Project Coordinator  *  President