[IMC-Tech] Re: [Chambana-future] T1 Pricing...

Zachary C. Miller zach at chambana.net
Thu Dec 8 12:20:10 CST 2005

For reference, this doesn't sound any different than what Speakeasy
offers. Free install (no rebate neccessary) including router and
around $500/mo. Plus speakeasy doesn't require any term commitment at
all. Also with speakeasy I think there is some kind of referral bonus
like if I refer you I get your first month's fee...if I can swing that
I will donate whatever I get back to the IMC.

The muxing thing is a terrible hack that may not work and that is
guaranteed to give us a lower quality of service than a T1. If we must
save money we can do it but I still really highly recommend going with
a T1 if we can make the business model work. It'll save a lot of wear
and tear on our volunteers and it'll make our end user's experience
much better.

Zachary C. Miller - @= - http://zach.chambana.net/