[Imc-tech] Temporarily Shutting Down Comments?

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 8 14:45:42 CDT 2005

Zach,
I think that the captchas probably are the ultimate solution, but we'll
have to wait and see.

Here's a block of 5 spams that popped up within 2 minutes of each other.
I will not delete them so that you can have a chance to look at things.
http://www.ucimc.org/editor/index.php?class=Article&function=editor_display&id=39115
http://www.ucimc.org/editor/index.php?class=Article&function=editor_display&id=39116
http://www.ucimc.org/editor/index.php?class=Article&function=editor_display&id=39117
http://www.ucimc.org/editor/index.php?class=Article&function=editor_display&id=39118
http://www.ucimc.org/editor/index.php?class=Article&function=editor_display&id=39119

Depending on how deep things get in the meantime, I may delete and purge
subsequent spams. Let me know if you want me to hold off. I'm getting
ready to leave for the IMC for a couple of hours, and there are already
about thirty of these damn things since I last cleaned up. I'll leave
the mess and come back and cleanup later, except for the above cited
messages, unless I hear otherwise in the meantime.

Thanks, Zach.
Mike Lehman