[Imc-tech] Dada 0.99

Arun Bhalla bhalla at uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 2 11:59:14 CST 2005

I visited dadaimc.org this morning and noticed that Dada 0.99 is coming
out soon.

I don't remember definitely, but I seem to recall that Clint's usual
practice was to wait a while before installing until other IMC sites have
had a chance to check it out and file some bug reports.  That seems smart.

It seems that we also tend to do incremental upgrades (.98.1-.98.2) rather
than doing a fresh install.  Is there a good reason for that?  Have we done
some customization of the Dada files, or does the Dada installer not handle
a populated database from a pre-existing installation?  (It also seems,
however, that sometimes there isn't a full installer for some versions,
such as .98.2, so the incremental upgrade is required.)

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like our installation of Dada has
migrated away from the supported versions of Dada.  For instance, the
patch for XSS vulnerability under .98.2 wouldn't work completely, so
it had to be done manually.

Arun