[Imc-tech] Re: [Imc-staff] RE: Bogus Article - Removal Request : Libel

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 5 12:59:51 CST 2005

Hi Steve,
Your first email was not very helpful and contained no citation for the
article itself. We since heard from a global IMC volunteer, who supplied
  the relevant citation, so we at least knew then what the issue was.

Since what you were asking went beyond what our normal editing process
would authorize under our website policy (please note that all IMC are
independent and have a variety of policies), we brought this request to
our Steering group Thursday night. I was authorized to substitute
initials for the references to your name. The article has since been
editted so that you name no longer appears within it.

Unfortunately, we cannot honor your request to have the entire article
itself removed. We feel that removing your name from it is responsive to
your concerns and that removing the article would unfairly infringe on
the author's right to publish something that otherwise meets our website
use policies. The original author remains the one responsible for
publishing the article.
Mike Lehman
UC IMC