[Imc-tech] computer to donate

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Mon Mar 28 13:59:20 CST 2005

> ivo reynolds writes:
>> I have an older Compaq Presario 5660 and monitor that
>> I don't need. Can you use it? If so, where should I
>> take it?
>
> Along similar lines, I have an Athlon/700 with ASUS K7M motherboard and
> 640MB of RAM to spare.  It was highly functional at the end of November
> when an upgrade replaced it.  Would any PC at the IMC benefit from this
> equipment?

the public computer would definitely benefit -- we could also use another
1-2 computers for the general public.  right now the main concern is disk
storage -- dewey is dying as is the staffing computer.  we are in
desperate need of new disk drives for both.

--sascha

--
Sascha Meinrath
President                 *   Project Coordinator   *   Policy Analyst