[Imc-tech] server moved

Zachary C. Miller zach at chambana.net
Tue May 17 05:03:49 CDT 2005

At long last the IMSAHP (chambana.net/groogroo/UCIMC) server has been
moved to a T1 back in my basement. I also have an SDSL line which will
soon be configured as a backup so that we are never relying on only
one ISP.

I can not thank OJC Technologies enough for their gracious donation of
bandwidth for the past 5 months. This was a longer stay than any of us
anticipated but it allowed me to be SURE that we had a stable network
to move the server back to.

We're still on OJC's DNS servers. That will change soon.

The NEW IP address for the server is:
    66.92.211.67

The whole transition happened between 2am and 5am and went pretty
smoothly. Sorry for any downtime during these wee hours, hopefully it
didn't affect many folks.

The new T1 line should be faster and more stable than any previous
connection that the server has had for the past 5 years.

Now that the server is back at home I have many updates to make so
things should only get more and more stable, faster, and more
featureful over the next few months.

--
Zachary C. Miller - @= - http://zach.chambana.net/