[Imc-tech] Re: [IMC-Space] Internet Service at the PO Building

Zachary C. Miller zach at chambana.net
Thu May 26 15:27:32 CDT 2005

I don't think OJC's DSL can be upgraded to be faster than it is. They
are paying for 384 up and down but they are getting 768 up and down
(the maximum speed McLeod offers). They've had significant latency
issues for the past few months (they thought it might be due to my
server but the problems have persisted even after I removed my
server). I consider that service insufficient for the IMC's and OJC's
combined uses.

A dedicated T1 with appropriate bandwidth shaping WOULD be sufficient
for IMC uses, OJC uses, and the use of other tennants, use by CUWiN,
use by chambana.net (should we wish to move the server from my house
to the IMC), etc.

I suggest that OJC keep whatever separate service they want to keep
and maintain on their own, IMC get the simplest cheapest easiest to
install service that it can get, and LATER when we have time for
planning and careful implementation and a volunteer base for
maintenance we can look into getting a T1.

Zachary C. Miller - @= - http://zach.chambana.net/