[IMC-Tech] mail problems appear fixed.

Sascha Meinrath sascha at ucimc.org
Wed Apr 26 13:00:29 CDT 2006

it looks like the electric-pickle relay is working (shouldn't that be a dance or
something ;).  great work, dan!  once we get the last kinks out from the move,
we should lay out a long-term improvement plan that best balances cost and
functionality.  for now, it looks like things are working quite well -- the next
big issue (in terms of service stability) is figuring out what's up with
apache/dada so that we don't have to have our website taken off-line for a few
minutes each hour.

also, i wanted to let folks know that the Acorn Active Media Foundation is
thinking about hiring someone (don't want to say who until it's a done deal) to
work 20/hrs week on server infrastructure, wireless and multi-media integration,
etc.  this should allow us to greatly improve services over the next few months
since we'd have someone who's actively looking over things on an ongoing basis
and will have the time to implement these improvements.

onward ho!

--sascha

--
Sascha Meinrath
Policy Analyst    *  Project Coordinator  *  President