[IMC-Tech] mail problems appear fixed.

dan blah dan.blah at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 14:04:35 CDT 2006

Sascha Meinrath wrote:
> it looks like the electric-pickle relay is working (shouldn't that be
> a dance or something ;).  great work, dan!  once we get the last kinks
> out from the move, we should lay out a long-term improvement plan that
> best balances cost and functionality.  for now, it looks like things
> are working quite well -- the next big issue (in terms of service
> stability) is figuring out what's up with apache/dada so that we don't
> have to have our website taken off-line for a few minutes each hour.
>
> also, i wanted to let folks know that the Acorn Active Media
> Foundation is thinking about hiring someone (don't want to say who
> until it's a done deal) to work 20/hrs week on server infrastructure,
> wireless and multi-media integration, etc.  this should allow us to
> greatly improve services over the next few months since we'd have
> someone who's actively looking over things on an ongoing basis and
> will have the time to implement these improvements.
>
> onward ho!
>
> --sascha

Hey all,
If anyone wants a more technical description of how you are now sending
and receiving your mail and why, I would love to let you know why your
email headers now include (mail.electric-pickle.net [66.29.58.223]).

Also, we might want to set up an irc meeting (anyone else know
chambana.net is running an irc server on port 6667 where i will be
permanently lurking in #usr) or something sometime with anyone
interested in regard to how we want to utilize the now 5 servers in the
IMC data center (can I call it that yet :).  This would also be a call
out to any would be want to be unix/systems admins who want ot hone
their skills with various unix like (linux, openbsd, freebsd, netbsd,
osx) and windows systems that are used at the IMC and its groups.