[IMC-Tech] Re: [Chambana-future] unattended meeting

Zachary C. Miller zach at chambana.net
Thu Jan 26 20:13:20 CST 2006

Oops, I hit send early.

I went to the meeting tonight and no one was there.

In December we declared that Tech Group would be meeting on the 2nd
and 4th Thursdays of the month at the UC-IMC (Urbana PO Building) at
7pm, with the meetings starting this month. I missed the last meeting
because I was sick but I get the impression from the lack of emails or
wiki activity that no one showed up to it. I made the trip down from
Chicago and no one showed up tonight either.

I am hoping this is just because we took such a long hiatus and there
hasn't been activity on the mailing list and people just forgot.

I need to know if people are still committed to taking over the
chambana.net project. I can't afford to keep paying for the T1.

Could people please check in via email and say that they're committed
to coming to the next meeting and taking on some tasks for moving this
server move forward.

We're really close. We've got people waiting in the wings to help with
billing, to help with sysadmin, we've got space. We just need to
figure out what kind of bandwidth we want and order it and start
billing people.

--
Zachary C. Miller - @= - http://zach.chambana.net/