[IMC-Tech] every group confirm!

Sandra Ahten spiritofsandra at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 25 11:09:19 CST 2006

We are making a new brochure -- that we are going to try to have ready by
this Saturday. Would every person who is now, or was the spoke for any IMC
working group please check the info below (it is pulled straight from our
web page)... update it and email the info back to me? Also please confirm to
me that you are the empowered spoke of the group (or tell me that you are
sort of the unofficial spoke for the group... and that you will be
clarifying and getting consensus on who is the empowered spoke at your next
meeting).

Also please indicate if you would be willing to have your meetings in the
upstairs /mail area... so that the IMC can officially be "open" during your
meeting time.

So appreciated if you could respond today or tomorrow.

Any questions... just email me.
Thanks, Sandra Ahten 217-367-6345

General Membership
The General Membership is responsible for setting the general direction of
the IMC and is the only group that can change the U-C IMC's governing
structure document. Anyone can become an IMC member -- visit the the
membership page or IMC for details.
Meetings: bi-annually, on the 1st Saturday afternoon of April and the 1st
Thursday Evening of October.
E-mail list: imc at ucimc.org

Steering Group
decision making that affects all IMC working groups. Each working group
appoints two members to the steering group, but participation and attendance
is open to everyone.
Meetings: First and third Thursday of the month 8-9pm @ IMC
E-mail: The Steering Group does not have its own e-mail list -- all
communication takes place on the general IMC list (imc at ucimc.org).

Finance
soliciting funders, grant-writing, fiscal sponsorships, and overseeing
retail sales of books, periodicals, supplies, arts and crafts.
Meetings: 1st and 3rd Wed. of each month 7:00 - 7:30 PM @ IMC
E-mail list: imc-finance at ucimc.org

Space
etc.
Meetings: The second and fourth Thursdays of the month at 8pm @ IMC
E-mail list: imc-space at ucimc.org
To join the e-mail list:

Librarians and Archivists
library project and archive of media materials.
Meetings: Mondays at 7pm
Website: www.ucimc.org/library
E-mail list: imc-librarians at ucimc.org
To join the e-mail list:

Books to Prisoners
Illinois inmates, finds books that meet their needs, and sends them out with
a personalized letter.
Meetings: Saturdays at 3pm
Website: www.books2prisoners.org
E-mail list: bookstoprisoners at ucimc.org
To join the e-mail list:

Outreach
continue to increase its membership base and diversity, to keep current
members well informed about their organization, and to present a consistent
and complete public presence to the community.
Meetings: The Outreach group is not meeting during the summer of 2005.
However, its work goes on in every thing UC IMC does. Please contact the
group via its email list.
E-mail list: imc-outreach at ucimc.org
To join the e-mail list:

Print
Meetings: Thursdays 5:30 PM @ IMC.
E-mail list: print at ucimc.org
To join the e-mail list:

RAGG - Resource and Action Group for Girlz and Womyn
aim is to provide safe spaces, resources and activities to foster
creativity, self-expression and empowerment.If you are interested in being a
core organizer for this group email ragg-info at ucimc.org
Meetings: Not Currently Meeting
Website: ragg.ucimc.org
E-mail list: imc-girls at ucimc.org

Radio News Description: Coordinates the production of the weekly IMC Radio
News Program, heard on WEFT 90.1FM on Mondays at 5:30 PM and syndicated
through allied media outlets.
Meetings:Tuesdays from noon to 1 PM
Website: radio.ucimc.org
E-mail list: radio at ucimc.org
To join the e-mail list:

Shows
Meetings: Every Thursday, 7:00 pm
Website: shows.ucimc.org
E-mail list: shows at ucimc.org
To join the e-mail list:

Staff
space open to the public. Staff shifts can be scheduled when you are
available to volunteer. For more info or to voluinteer to staff a shift,
please contact the Staff email list..
Meetings: Irregularly Scheduled
E-mail:staff at ucimc.org
To joint the e-mail list:

Tech
including the IMC website, computer networking and electronics. This groups
needs people with experience in these areas or who are looking to learn.
Meetings: TBA -- join the e-mail list
E-mail list: tech at ucimc.org

Video
Center, produces short and long-form video, and sponsors programming onto
public-access TV.
Meetings: Tuesdays at 7 PM
E-mail list: video at ucimc.org
To join the e-mail list:

WRFU 104.5 FM
that is building a low-power community radio station. We will be on the air
by late summer 2005, broadcasting throughout Urbana and Champaign. WRFU's
programming will be chosen by airshifter groups that choose their own
formats, coordinated through a collective station structure. We operate
within the consensus-based organizational structure that the IMC uses.
Meetings: 1st and 3rd Tues. of each month 8:00 - 9:00 PM @ IMC-- join the
e-mail list
E-mail list: rfu at lists.chambana.net