[IMC-Tech] WRFU Computer Plans

Gary Cziko g-cziko at uiuc.edu
Mon Jun 26 15:03:03 CDT 2006

Dan:

This coming weekend we are planning to make some changes to the WRFU studio.
This will also involve the two computers we currently use for the automation
and transmitter control.

The plans that we discussed as the last WRFU Tech meeting include:

   1. Moving the automation computer out of the production room and into
   the studio to be used with a flat LC monitor.
   2. Adding the transmitter control software to this machine.
   3. Moving the currently used transmitter control computer into the
   production room and setting it up to allow remote access to the combined
   automation/transmitter control computer in the studio.

I would also like to eventually see a way to access the automation computer
from outside the IMC. This would make my life (and hopefully those of others
who will be working on the automation computer) a lot simpler as I would not
have to run over to the IMC every time something needed to be done on the
automation computer.  You had mentioned earlier that you could conceive of a
way to do this that would maintain the security of the IMC network, servers
and computers.

Let me know what you think of these plans  and if you could help out in
implementing the (some goes for others receiving this message).

Thanks.

--Gary