[IMC-Tech] Bike Project website & listservs

dan blah dan.blah at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 08:40:16 CDT 2006

email list created...  the domain needs its ns records at the
registrar to point at ns.chambana.net and ns1.chambana.net.  i will
also need a public ssh key and username for the person whos going to
admin the site.

fyi, sorry i missed your call yesterday danielle (was visiting the
rents and had no internet).

On 10/9/06, Danielle Chynoweth <chyn at ojctech.com> wrote:

> Hi tech,
>
> Could I become a person who can create new mailing lists on chambana.net?  I
> am already on the tech and web lists and can coordinate and play well with
> others, I promise.
>
> If not, could someone who can please create two new listservs:
>
> BikeCoop
> and
> BikeCoop-announce
>
> with me as an admin who can add others: chyn at ojctech.com.
>
> In addition, we want to host thebikeproject.org on chambana.net.  We have
> site templates ready to go and have a newsletter waiting on our live URL to
> print.  Barry, our webmasters, specific login requests are below.
>
> thanks!
> Danielle
>

> From: Barry Isralewitz <barryi at ks.uiuc.edu>
> Date: October 8, 2006 6:02:33 PM CDT
> To: Danielle Chynoweth <chyn at ojctech.com>
> Subject: needs for Bike Projects web  site admin
>
>  Hello Danielle,
>
>  My requests for OTJ web admin:
>
>  1) Standard user account on a linux machine accessible via ssh.
>     preferred user name: bikepweb
>  2) Tell me where to to put the files for site e.g. ~bikepweb/public_html
>  extra (not needed today)
>  3) Point to a readable directoryh that runs any cgi script at all so I can
> see a working example.
>

>  Cheers,
>
>  Barry
>

> --
> Barry Isralewitz   Theoretical and Computational Biophysics Group, UIUC
> Beckman 3043   Office Phone: (217) 244-1612  Home Phone: (217) 337-6364
> email: barryi at ks.uiuc.edu      http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/~barryi

Daniel