[IMC-Tech] May Need Captchas for Articles

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 22 22:43:00 CDT 2006

I've just removed the fourth piece of spam from the website this
evening. All of these have been posted as articles to the Local
Newswire, categorized under Rantoul. I suspect that since catpchas are
not needed to upload articles, someone sees posting spam as articles as
a possible exploit.They have been posted singly, an hour or so apart,
like someone is watching to see what happens. It may be that we should
have an update that applies captchas to all posting, not just comments,
for anonymous users.
Mike Lehman