[IMC-Tech] Re: rewrite rules

Joshua King josh.is.short at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 18:52:04 CDT 2006

Hi Joe-

We had some downtime this past weekend, which caused our DNS records to
be screwed up. The site was occasionally unreachable over the following
couple of days, as DNS servers updated their records.
As far as the general slowness of the Chambana.net webserver, this is a
known issue that we're working to resolve. We currently have all of our
websites (around 30) and all of our email services running through a
single old 700MHz box. We've gotten a newer, Quad-Xeon rack server, and
are almost finished getting ready to move all of the websites to that
new server, after which service will significantly. The move will happen
on October 2nd (this Monday). Service will be spotty on that day, and
then performance should improve significantly, as this box is several
orders of magnitude more powerful than the current webserver, and will
only be handling web instead of web and all of the dozens of email
lists. So I would recommend holding off switching to a different hosting
solution until after Monday, so you can see whether our service is
adequate. Sorry about the poor performance of late, but rest assured
we're working within our limited time and resources to rectify problems.
Dan sent out an email about this about a week ago to the tech and web
lists, I will forward it to you in case you didn't receive it. Make sure
you let us know about whatever accounts you need if you haven't already.
Thanks!

- --
Josh King
- --