[IMC-Tech] Production room design and clean up THIS WED at 5 pm

Danielle Chynoweth chyn at ojctech.com
Mon May 14 13:04:37 CDT 2007

Media Production at the IMC is ramping up!

Have you gone to pre-record a show or PSA only to find the audio computer
dismantled?
Went to make a video and found only audio software on the machine?
Tried to produce anything and came out of the production room belching dust
and bleary from fighting the bad Feng Shui?

Down with the chaos!  Up with organization!

This Wednesday, May 16th at 5 PM in the production room, we are gonna design
a new set up and then start cleaning.

NOTE: The production room will be getting its own lock and listserv of
users.  There will be a sign on the production room door for how to get on
this listserv and get access.  For producers to work in harmony, we have to
coordinate lest we unravel each other's plans.

This July, I will start providing regular audio editing workshops for those
who want to learn how to use the (free, open source, and simple) software
Audacity to produce radio pieces for WRFU/WEFT/Free Speech Radio News/Making
Contact/National Native News or make PSAs or other audio pieces.

- Danielle