[IMC-Tech] Production room design and clean up THIS WED at 5 pm

Gary Cziko g-cziko at uiuc.edu
Mon May 14 15:12:06 CDT 2007

Danielle et al.:

I do hope that someone will make sure that the WRFU automation computer is
not turned off, removed or dismantled in this process. I cannot be there to
assure this as I will be returning to Urbana from Beijing later that evening
(they could really use some independent media over here!).

--Gary

On 5/14/07, Danielle Chynoweth <chyn at ojctech.com> wrote:

> Media Production at the IMC is ramping up!
>
> Have you gone to pre-record a show or PSA only to find the audio computer
> dismantled?
> Went to make a video and found only audio software on the machine?
> Tried to produce anything and came out of the production room belching
> dust and bleary from fighting the bad Feng Shui?
>
> Down with the chaos!  Up with organization!
>
> This Wednesday, May 16th at 5 PM in the production room, we are gonna
> design a new set up and then start cleaning.
>
> NOTE: The production room will be getting its own lock and listserv of
> users.  There will be a sign on the production room door for how to get on
> this listserv and get access.  For producers to work in harmony, we have to
> coordinate lest we unravel each other's plans.
>
> This July, I will start providing regular audio editing workshops for
> those who want to learn how to use the (free, open source, and simple)
> software Audacity to produce radio pieces for WRFU/WEFT/Free Speech Radio
> News/Making Contact/National Native News or make PSAs or other audio pieces.
>

> - Danielle

Gary Cziko
Professor
Educational Psychology & English as an International Language
University of Illinois
1310 S. Sixth Street
210F Education Building
Champaign, IL 61820-6990
USA

Telephone +1-217-333-8527
Fax: +1-217-244-7620
e-mail: g-cziko at uiuc.edu
Web: http://garycziko.net
Skype: garyjazz (http://www.skype.com)
Google Talk: gcziko
Amateur Radio: N9MJZ

Founder, Station Manager, Program Director, Chief Engineer and Announcer
The Latino Radio Service of La Casa Cultural Latina
1660 AM on the Urbana-Champaign campus of the University of Illinois
(http://latinoradioservice.org)

Founder and Major Contributor
ATALL Wikibook for
Autonomous Technology-Assisted Language Learning
(http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/ATALL)