[UCIMC-Tech] PC problem at WRFU - can you help?

Andrew Ó Baoill andrew at funferal.org
Wed Apr 2 00:43:10 CDT 2008

one in the WRFU studio?

Detail:
The studio computer at WRFU is malfunctioning - it is now refusing to
load windows. This is a serious problem, as we use it to operate our
transmitter-checking software.

Noel thinks he may be able to wipe the machine and start from
scratch. If this doesn't work, does anyone know of another computer
we could swap in to replace this PC?

FOR WRFU-TECH: If the computer can't be brought back on by some time
tomorrow, we'll need to identify short-term solutions, so we can
continue on air. One that occurs to me is temporarily moving the
automation computer into the studio, and loading the transmitter-
checking software onto it. Is this feasible? We would need to know
which cable leads from the studio computer to the transmitter, and
also would need to connect the computer back into the automation
channel (we would lose the ability to run audio on the 'studio'
channel).

I appreciate all your help with this rather urgent problem.

Andrew

Andrew Ó Baoill
Station Manager
WRFU-LP, Urbana 104.5FM