[UCIMC-Tech] production room cleanup

Chris Ritzo critz1 at uiuc.edu
Sat Apr 19 17:06:10 CDT 2008

the production room, I spoke to Josh and Dan about reviving this project.

To my knowledge this has been partially a space issue with equipment,
donated CDs from WEFT, etc.  and partially some issues with the
workstation components themselves.  Jay Schubert and I cleared out about
half the junk in the storage room downstairs today, taking a bunch of
old monitors and computer bits to get recycled.

A little more time going through that room could make some additional
storage space for things in the production room.  Once that's done,
we'll have some space to start getting the production workstations put
together.

I'm planning to spend a few hours a week working on this and wanted to
see if any other group members on these lists would like to organize a
work day to clean up the production room.  Is there anyone else who can
make it next Saturday 4/25?

This is all of course open to suggestions from the group, particularly
regarding the contents of the production room. The tech group meeting
this Tuesday 4/22 might be a good time to identify a plan for all the
"stuff" then get help moving everything next Saturday.