[UCIMC-Tech] production room cleanup

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Sat Apr 19 22:19:29 CDT 2008

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 05:06:10PM -0500, Chris Ritzo wrote:
> production room, I spoke to Josh and Dan about reviving this project.
>
> To my knowledge this has been partially a space issue with equipment,
> donated CDs from WEFT, etc.  and partially some issues with the workstation
> components themselves.  Jay Schubert and I cleared out about half the junk
> in the storage room downstairs today, taking a bunch of old monitors and
> computer bits to get recycled.
> A little more time going through that room could make some additional
> storage space for things in the production room.  Once that's done, we'll
> have some space to start getting the production workstations put together.

Note: if there's more tech stuff to be recycled, today was not the only chance.

Heard this afternoon that Mack's Twin City Recycling (2808 N. Lincoln, north of I-74)
will accept stuff dropped off at their site, Mon-Fri 8AM-4PM.  Things dropped
off there this coming week -- Apr 21-25 -- will be accepted on the same
terms as the County accepted them today.  So dropping off TVs costs money
but most other electronics, including old monitors, can be dropped off free.
(After this week they'll still accept things but you probably have to pay.)

Unfortunately I can't come help on the 22nd...  Might be able to be around for
a while on Sat 4/26, depending on when.