[UCIMC-Tech] Website DB problem - help available?

Andrew Ó Baoill andrew at funferal.org
Sun Apr 20 17:38:36 CDT 2008

Some serious database problems have occurred on the WRFU website in
the past day or two. Other than the front page and certain named
nodes (e.g. wrfu.net/schedule/week) pages are not viewable - a 'not
authorized' note appears instead. Also the menu bar at the top of the
page is not visible (and a pink box listing various DB problems
appears instead).

Can anyone help us with this situation? I don't have access to the
site DB - I don't know who currently has access other than Dan - and
don't have the skills, personally, to troubleshoot the situation. If
you can help with any of the following, please let me know:
* Username/pass for the database (and, if possible, process to access
it from outside the IMC premises).
* Any information about backups of the WRFU site
* Actual troubleshooting of the DB/site issues.

If there's no one within the the IMC/WRFU tech groups who has the
time to work on this, I can check for assistance from friends
(generally based outside U-C), but will obviously need certain
information for them to access the database.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew Ó Baoill
Station Manager
WRFU-LP, Urbana 104.5FM