[UCIMC-Tech] Re: [Imc] Steering Meeting Notes 2008-03-20

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 20 21:18:16 CDT 2008

I would strongly suggest the need for Steering meeting announcements
being sent at least 24 hours in advance. It may also help to send these
specifically to the relevant email lists for the time being, although
each working group is responsible for having their spokes subscribed to
the main IMC list to keep up with things.

Please note that Tech and Web typically haven't had spokes actively
representing at Steering meetings for quite some time (as in years).
It's good to see Tech doing so. Hard to say if Web can do so. I've
typically represented both Finance and RFU, but others would be advised
that they must now be more active in stepping up to handle this
responsibility.

Just some thoughts of mine. I've been the one who's mostly sent Steering
meeting notices in recent years. I can still do that, if no one else
will, but I can't commit to necessarily being there. Steering is very
important to coordinating IMC business and working groups need to assume
the responsibility inherent in regular attendance at Steering meetings.
Mike Lehman