[UCIMC-Tech] Can't access google on IMC's wireless

Josh King josh at ucimc.org
Wed Oct 15 22:44:48 CDT 2008

Hi Danielle,

This is a long-standing problem with the IMC's firewall, due to a
difference between the way OpenBSD (the operating system on the
firewall) and other operating systems use TCP window scaling. I don't
know why it tends to effect efforts to access google more than other
sites, but I'm building a second firewall to swap in to fix the problem.
I hope to get it done by the end of the week (it's mostly put together),
but what with other work it might take until early next week.