[UCIMC-Tech] An Issue with Posting, Other Stuff

Josh King josh at ucimc.org
Tue Oct 28 12:40:38 CDT 2008

Hi Mike,

Yeah, that math captcha's not great. I'd like to replace it with a
recaptcha, but I think the formatting will be messed up by the size of
the recaptcha block. I'll try and figure that out (what do you think of
replacing the login block with a link to a login page and an image
captcha?). In the meantime, reloading the page will give you a different
captcha question.

It appears that the admin content page is at
http://ucimc.org/admin/content, with admin/content/node being the place
for normal content (including spam) and admin/content/comment being the
place for comments. It seems like the automatic spam filter is a little
overenthusiastic, but it's supposedly bayesian, so hopefully it will
learn and get better after a little time. Let me know if you have
problems accessing those links, or if the appropriate menu links aren't
showing up (are you able to see the dropdown menu at the top of the page?).

On 10/28/2008 12:27 PM, Mike Lehman wrote:
> I tried to post a story and received this message once the captcha was
> digested:
>
> Access denied
>
> * The node you posted has been flagged as potential spam. It will
> not be visible until the site administrator has a chance to review it.
> * Story /The Washington Post Undercounts Iraq Deaths/ has been created.
>
> You are not authorized to access this page.
>
> After signing in, I tried to find where I could "review" it without
> success. This may be related to the fact that I am unable to get access
> to what formerly were the admin pages:
> http://www.ucimc.org/admin/contents
> http://www.ucimc.org/admin/comments
>
> Another issue I noted was that when I tried to use the captcha numbers
> to sign in on the mainpage, it would not take a double digit number,
> despite that it was needed to correctly answer the question, i.e. ? - 6
> + 4, so 10 was the correct answer.
> Mike Lehman

Josh King