[UCIMC-Tech] An Issue with Posting, Other Stuff

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 28 14:12:34 CDT 2008

Josh,
I checked this hidden but unhidden comment issue. Signed in as an
editor, I can see the link in Recent Comments list on the mainpage and
when I go to the story.

Signed out and as an anonymous user, I can still see the link in Recent
Comments, but when I click it to go to the story, the hidden comment is
not visible.

There's also another issue. An anonymous comment that is NOT hidden will
show in the Recent Comments. When you follow it to the story as an
anonymous user, you can NOT see the comment, even though it is NOT
supposed to be hidden. This is the comment I'm talking about:
http://ucimc.org/content/nov-3-economics-madhouse-capitalism-and-freemarket-meltdown-7pm-greg-311uiuc#comment-6040

Mike Lehman