[UCIMC-Tech] Re: [rfu-automation] External Hard Drive for RFU Music Library Project

Noel L. Vivar nlvivar at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 02:22:10 CDT 2008

A few ideas:

1) this would be more expensive, but instead having one external HD, I
would recommend getting a RAID setup so everything has a back up.

2) Instead of using iTunes to organize, I would recommend using
something open source. I am mostly saying this so that if we do move
off ZaraRadio for our automation, we /might/ be able to use the music
collection database straight into our new (open source?) automation
manager.

3) I would also stay away from iTunes because it's a resource hog on
our rickety old machines.

Just a few ideas. Please don't take these as roadblocks to what you're doing.

Cheers. -Noel

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 7:38 PM, Alex Svec <ajsvec at illinois.edu> wrote:
> To: RFU MAIN LIST, RFU AUTOMATION GROUP, IMC TECH
>
> External Hard Drive for RFU Music Library Project
> By Maggie Taylor and Alex Svec, "Amplified Librarians"

Noel L. Vivar
505 E. Clark St., Apt. 24
Champaign, IL 61820-4420
630.740.5775