[UCIMC-Tech] heads-up on cron jobs on zeco

Barry Isralewitz barryi at ks.uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 2 14:00:33 CDT 2009

Hi,

   I plan to a small number (one to three)  of low-intensity cron jobs
on my zeco account (user barryi privileges), once a day. At worst,
might serially parse  200-1000 tiny (2 KB) files, and send around 0 -
5 emails, once a day.   The parsed file count might not even grow that
high, before this count grows to 50 or so, I'll likely soon replace
the text file parse with an msql query to a tiny database, a  I've
already tried a teensy test job (appends date to file) and works just
fine.

  Thought I'd give y'all a heads up, don't want to get in the way of
server activities.  If there's any time in the 12:30 am - 4 am range
you'd prefer I run the job(s), let me know. (e.g. 'don't run at 12:05,
when other stuff is running')

		Cheers,

		Barry
--
Barry Isralewitz, Ph. D.
3043 Beckman, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign