[UCIMC-Tech] Re: [Imc-bookkeeper] Fwd: [MADCoList] broadband stimulus

Chris Ritzo critz1 at illinois.edu
Mon Apr 6 19:17:56 CDT 2009

This could be a great opportunity to get funding for public access
computing, outreach & training workshops- The training
Stephen/production is already doing, as well as other general public
computing workshops. This document also mentions funding for
libraries. This could fund collection development money for the
library, technical upgrades, intern/practicum students.

We should start brainstorming program ideas at tomorrow's tech
meeting. I'm in for helping draft the proposal.

-Chris

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 1:42 PM, Josh King <josh at ucimc.org> wrote:
> I think this sounds like a good idea and I will pursue this with other
> Tech/Web people as soon as the application guide comes online. I agree with
> Sascha that we should do this ASAP. I've already applied for $30000 in
> stimulus funds through the state recovery website to expand the server room
> and technical capacity within the building, but it couldn't hurt to have a
> lot of different applications afloat.
>
> Stephen Fonzo wrote:
>>
>> I suggest that members of the Tech and Web working groups help draft this
>> application, if the IMC does indeed apply, that way there is broader
>> organizational ownership of the project and Nicole is not made to do the
>> majority of the work.  Groups need to know how to seek and acquire funds
>> with a minimum of assistance and guidance - some probably already know how
>> and what to pursue.
>>
>> -Stephen
>>
>> On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 12:51 PM, Danielle Chynoweth
>> <chyn at ojctech.com>wrote:
>>
>>> I think the IMC should apply for broadband stimulus money in the November
>>> round.  Yes, the cities are asking for a big project to wire everything.
>>>  We
>>> should submit a smaller proposal as well to be considered.  Nicole, when
>>> you
>>> get a chance, take a look at the link below.
>>>
>>> - Danielle

Institute for Museum and Library Services (IMLS) Scholar
critz1 at illinois.edu         217.370.5210