[UCIMC-Tech] Center for South Asian and Middle Eastern Studies proposal

Jason Keist jkeist2 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 17:38:28 CDT 2009

   I have been corresponding with Elizabeth Rogers from CSAMES this evening,
who coordinated the screening of "Slingshot Hip-Hop" at the IMC last month
(which went very well).  Elizabeth was impressed with the turnout and is
interested in building upon our relationship.  She approached me with this
proposal.  I informed her I would present it to affected working groups:
 "If we can organize 2 more screenings at IMC for the summer, we would like
IMC to charge us $200 per screening for the room, AV equipment, and set-up.
This would leave $250 (over the $150 for both screening that the fee would
normally be), which we would need IMC to use to purchase a projector
screen.  This should be enough to get a very nice one."

   This sounds like a valid proposal to me.  We would only be sacrificing
$300 in space and equipment deposits; which we return anyway.  Only $75 per
2.5 hour event goes to the IMC as true reimbursement ($150 for the 2 events
proposed).  We would, indeed, receive $250 in additional funds to purchase a
much-needed projector screen which could be used (as noted by Nicole) to
reinvigorate monthly film screenings.  Having this equipment would also aid
in future Film Fests, lectures, and workshops (Powerpoint capabilities).
 The apparent downside to this arrangement would become a reality if any
equipment was damaged during either screening (we would not have a deposit
to tap). Thoughts?

--
Jason Keist
Program Development  Coordinator-Intern