[UCIMC-Tech] IMC Open House - 7/25, IMC Summer Skillshares in August

Chris Ritzo chris.ritzo at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 12:32:17 CDT 2009

*Please distribute/forward widely!!!

IMC Open House - July 25, 2009     11am-1pm*

The IMC Community Connections and Librarians groups welcome all working
groups, indivdual members, volunteers and commununity members to the first
IMC open house! Saturday July 25th from 11am-1pm.

This is an event to encourage mingling of IMC working groups and to welcome
the community to see what we're all about. Community Connections is
envisioning this as a very loose "IMC Info Fair", where each working group
has a small table or area to promote their unique activities. The IMC Open
House will hopefully become a regular event to welcome and introduce new
volunteers, staff and visitors, as well as promote the community spirit that
connects us all at the IMC.

We need your working group to be represented! Please contact the Community
Connections list (community at lists.ucimc.org) or reply privately to this
message to confirm if your working group can attend.

*
IMC Super Summer Saturday Skillshares *

The IMC will celebrate summer with skillshare events throughout August,
ending with a day-long skillshare extravaganza. Every Saturday in August
(8/1, 8/8, 8/15, 8/22) from 11am-2pm, you can come learn something new
(please bring a snack). We will finish out the summer on Aug 29th, with a
full day of skillshare workshops and lunch.

*What's a skillshare? * It's an space/place where we learn from one another-
a place for sharing practical skills to live more happy, creative, and
sustainable lives. Learning is plentiful, happens everywhere, and doesn't
need to come with price tags or expert degrees. We are all teachers. We are
all students. We want to live with enthusiasm, so let us learn with vigor!

*Got a skill to share?*  We need you to support this project by offering up
your skills. You don't need to be a seasoned teacher- this informal setting
is a great way to share your wealth, and we're available to answer any
questions. Sign up by contacting community at lists.ucimc.org or reply to this
email for more info!

Look for our schedule of skillshare workshops on the IMC calendar soon!