[UCIMC-Tech] Re: InterNOT

Joshua King josh at ucimc.org
Wed Jul 15 12:23:58 CDT 2009

Hi Ray,

I am sorry that you had difficulty with connecting to the Internet during
the past meeting. Can you detail the process that you used to connect to the
network? I haven't had any complaints from anyone else, so more information
would be useful in pinpointing the problem. I went over to the IMC as soon
as I received your email, and from the upstairs room where you have your
meetings I was able to connect to the Internet through three separate
wireless access points (openucimc, openucimc_production, and
openucimc_peepway) despite the extreme poorness of my phone's wifi
reception. If you were trying to connect over the ethernet, that switch was
disconnected over the course of the 80+ hours of work I've done on improving
the building's network since we last spoke, but I believe I made it clear
that that was a temporary measure anyway until I improved the wifi in the
building, which I have.I reconnected the ethernet switch anyway, though I
haven't re-tested it yet as I didn't have my laptop, cable tester, network
diagram etc. with me at the time. I'll try and do that as soon as I can. I
have an extremely busy schedule, but if you'll let me know when your next
meeting is I will try and be present if I can in order to ensure that setup
goes smoothly. Note that I am out of town this Friday-Sunday for my
brother's wedding. I've CC'd the IMC-Tech and IMC-Finance lists.

--
Josh King