[UCIMC-Tech] the lists, the lists

Jacob Barton udderbot at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 16:05:53 CDT 2009

I got confused yesterday about whether "@lists.ucimc.org" was a
working alias to "@lists.chambana.net", at least for the "community"
list...

I find that http://lists.ucimc.org/ times out on my browser -- maybe
it would be good to have a redirect? To where, I don't know, perhaps a
page list of all the imc lists, active and defunct.

Speaking of which, I am curious about whether the merits of archiving
the IMC's older defunct mailing lists would outweigh the work it would
take.

I also wonder sometimes if communicating via listserv here has its own
set of skills, do's and don'ts, distinct from other ways of emailing
and other ways of using listservs;  and what the IMC could do about
that.  What do you think?

Thanks,
Jacob barton