[UCIMC-Tech] chambana.net server plans [was: The Bike Project Web Down again]

Barry Isralewitz barryi at ks.uiuc.edu
Thu Jun 11 15:22:13 CDT 2009

Hi Josh,

On Jun 11, 2009, at 1:52 PM, Joshua King wrote:
>  [much info on IMC server/net situation, plans, and cost limitations]

    Thanks for all the info! Zabbix looks way good, likely way better
than Argus..  The server reliability solutions you have in the
pipeline look great; I like where you are going with the increased
bandwidth on the offsite-dedicated box. All really impressive,  and
considering the available budget ... double-plus-impressive. Thanks
again!

> Since this was a rather lengthy explanation, I hope you don't mind
> me CCing it over to IMC-Tech for documentation purposes.

    Heh, no problem. I was busy enough  earlier that I somehow didn't
check but assumed the thread was  _already_ on IMC-Tech (I guess habit
from all the other tech related mail threads we're both on).   I'd
really meant that 'what do you all think?' for IMC-Tech list folks and
the other individual addresses, this is  probably too much  computer-
geekery for just bikecoop list.

			Cheers,

			Barry.