[UCIMC-Tech] forwarder for aware@anti-war.net ?

Stuart Levy slevy at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Jun 30 11:25:00 CDT 2009

Hi.  There used to be an e-mail list, aware at anti-war.net,
which went to a handful of people in AWARE -- it was intended to be
a first-contact point for the group.   It hasn't worked in a couple of years.

That address *had* been going to a chambana.net mailman list,
but was disabled since it was getting tons of spam and bogging down
mailman processing for other lists, if I understand right.

However we'd still like to have it as a contact point in some way.
It's on our business card, our web site, etc. and we don't have any
better address to use instead.

Could aware at anti-war.net be resuscitated in either of a couple of ways:

   - If it were forwarded to the "aware" local account on (say) zeco,
     could we use a local ~aware/.procmailrc file to do e-mail distribution
     (copying mail to the correct, and occasionally changing, handful of people)
     and filtering out the worst of the spam?  This seems preferable to me if it
     wouldn't be too much of a burden.  Or...

   - alternative: just to hard-wire aware at anti-war.net mail
     (maybe via /etc/aliases or whatever, on the mail server)
     to some small set of people.  Possibly me (e.g. slevy at new.math.uiuc.edu)
     and Randall Cotton, but we'd want to negotiate...