[UCIMC-Tech] Fw: artist working group update for thursday steering

Ed Hawkes oltime1 at att.net
Thu Mar 5 06:51:25 CST 2009

Another steering update.

Ed
----- Original Message -----
From: rachel
To: oltime1 at att.net
Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 11:12 PM
Subject: artist working group update for thursday steering

Nicole and other IMC artists and other working groups--

Since becoming an ad-hoc working group, i have made no plans to get us all together to discuss what this means.

I would like to purpose we all meet in the future, March 28th (a saturday) at noon at the IMC.

My plans for the furture of the IMC Artist group-

-get our kiln up and running to be able to offer public workshops on ceramics (short 2-3 weekend classes to give community a chance to play with clay)

- make and upkeep a work space to be available to IMC artist who wish to work with clay on their own, I would over see firings and materials inventory, as well as try to inform artists on technique and safety in a ceramics studio.

- see the IMC sell and show art to raise awareness and money for the IMC.

I hope you all can join me on this quest.

I am going to be at the steering Commity meeting thursday, and hope all of you will be able to make it to a meeting on March 28th at noon....

please email me  if you have any questions or just want to chat-

Rachel