[UCIMC-Tech] meeting tonight

Josh King josh at ucimc.org
Tue Mar 17 13:59:01 CDT 2009

I'll definitely be there. I'll try to make it early if I can. Barry, is
it the scripts that require the command-line access? If so, is there
somewhere I can take a look at them? Currently on imsahp, as far as I
can tell there are two levels of command-line mailman access, none and
godlike. Since superadmin access to mailman is something that predates
my own IMC involvement, I hesitate giving it out unilaterally and will
have to send something out to the other rooters as well as the other
site-wide password holders. If the scripts need to run specific commands
however, perhaps I can go ahead and rig some more limited access if I
know exactly what they're supposed to run.

On 03/17/2009 01:31 PM, Chris Ritzo wrote:
> Sure Barry. We'll make it an agenda item to talk about it.
>
> Chris
>
> On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 1:27 PM, Barry Isralewitz<barryi at ks.uiuc.edu>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Wish I could make it.
>>
>> If possible, could you put "How can we give Barry mailman command line
>> access" on the agenda.
>>
>> Detials: I right now have running  (tested and in production) some server
>> scripting that can help all Paypal-using working groups (including main
>> UCIMC). Per group custom emails on joining, including (low-traffic) mailing
>> list join (opt-out/opt-in confirmation can be requested at joining time).
>> Can discuss other potential benefits/advantages on request.
>>
>>   There's overlap with planned Contact software, but dunno when the latter
>> will be up and ready for this sort of application.
>>
>>                 Barry
>>
>> On Mar 17, 2009, at 9:46 AM, Stephen Fonzo wrote:
>>
>>   Chris,
>>> I'll be there.
>>>
>>> 2009/3/17 Chris Ritzo<critz1 at illinois.edu>
>>> Anyone else planning to be at the tech meeting tonight? I was thinking I'd
>>> get there an hour ahead and work on some of the workstations in the vault.
>>>
>>> -Chris

>>> --
>>> Stephen Fonzo
>>> Media Training Advisor
>>> AmeriCorps CTC VISTA
>>> Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center
>>>
>> --
>> Barry Isralewitz, Ph. D.
>> Theoretical and Computational Biophysics Group
>> 3043 Beckman, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
>> Office Phone: (217) 244-1612    Home Phone: (217) 337-6364
>> email: barryi at ks.uiuc.edu   http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/~barryi<http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/%7Ebarryi>

Josh King