[UCIMC-Tech] Fwd: You have been unsubscribed from the IMC mailing list

Chris Ritzo chris.ritzo at gmail.com
Sat Oct 17 21:38:28 CDT 2009

This switch was consensed on at steering two months ago and was announced
once this week to the general IMC list, and I believe once a week before to
all imc working group lists. Below is the email that went out Wed. I'll have
to dig up the other one later.

So my first thing is that it was coming, announced and maybe a couple folks
missed the announcements. Understandable. This email describes what is
happening.

Second, in reply to Mike's comment that "folks doing so don't fully
understand things" - there's really no reason to be saying this kind of
thing. The fact is, we do understand things. That's all I'm gonna say about
it. If you think differently then maybe you should bring it up and we can
talk about whatever your concern is. -Chris

*[Imc] New Listserv Structure*
------------------------------
 * Elizabeth Simpson <elizacorps at yahoo.com> *  * Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 2:44
PM *   To: imc <imc at ucimc.org>
   Folks,

As decided at a steering meeting over the summer, and as discussed at the
GMM, the IMC is restructuring its listservs as follows:

events at ucimc.org
A public, announce-only list to inform our community about our events.
It will take the form of a weekly bulletin, or other low-traffic format.
(will consist of all people currently on imc at ucimc.org)

membership at ucimc.org
A member-only list to inform members about relevant IMC issues. This list
will also act as a discussion list for steering in the event that a decision
is needed between steering meetings
(will consist of all current members)

imc at ucimc.org
A member-only list consisting of spokes-people and others who are actively
involved in the well-being of the IMC. This list is where member issues can
be referred to, or where topics get 'hashed out' before a proposal is put to
the membership/steering. This is also where the question to the imc would be
sent and disbursed to the appropriate working group.
(will consist of all spokes and self-identified members who want to join)

Expect this to happen in the next few days... you'll get a final notice to
this list, as well as a welcome notice to the new lists, as appropriate.

-elizaBeth
Community Connections