[UCIMC-Finance] Re: [UCIMC-Tech] imc list

Chris Ritzo chris.ritzo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 10:03:16 CDT 2009

In my reply to John, I did mean to say members at ucimc.org.  The IMC@ list now
contains all working group spokes we ( Nicole and I ) could think of. Others
can be added of course.

Answering your questions Bob:
- Events is an open list that anyone can join, IMC member or not. Posts to
the list will be moderated, IMC events and Community suggested events will
be compiled and sent out as weekly digests.
- IMC and imc-members are closed lists that require moderator action to
join, but I'm assuming as Mike did that the archives would remain public,
although I don;t recall it being explicitly discussed. This should be an
item for clarification at next steering.
- the two lists are different in that one consists of all due paying IMC
members (imc-members) and IMC consists of only working group spokes
- You are correct that discussion on these lists does not amount to
consensus. All decisions will still be made in person by consensus of
Steering.

I think we should have some clarifying discussion at the next Steering
meeting and consense on any changes that need to be made.

-Chris