[UCIMC-Tech] Re: [Imc-web] facebook "share" option for articles

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 27 18:00:08 CDT 2009

Chris,
Web is editorial/policy for the most part. There have been efforts over
the years to encourage content creation, but that tends to ebb and flow
with the events of the day. The open publishing tradition somewhat works
against "official" content creation, but I certainly think it could help
set a tone of material that would encourage wide reporting by others.
The tragic events of recent weeks have brought out this aspect of the
IMC's work again. I think there has been some great, even courageous
reporting done under difficult circumstances.

Web meetings have been on an "as needed" basis, essentially since the
beginning. I see that things have been moving along on the Tech front,
which offers the possibility for new complexity that those with
editorial privileges may need to adjust to, so we may be nearing time
for another Web meeting. I suspect that Tech will always tend to meet
more often than Web will, however, but I can envision that a joint
meeting to roll out new goodies might be a good idea in the not too
distant future.
Mike Lehman