[UCIMC-Tech] Submitting Events to Calendar

Chris Ritzo chris.ritzo at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 18:01:14 CDT 2010

Ok. here's what was going on.

First, if you, Ed, or any admins (me, Josh, Brian, etc.) are submitting
events, we have the power to set the Published checkbox when creating the
event. Because of the way I have the workflow set up, we need to not do
that. Add the event then go tot the Admin events page to approve it like
other submitted events.

Next, a location is actually required for the event to show up on the
calendar. So if we don't select something other than --none-- , the event
doesn't display even if we approve it.

Next, I had added a few items to the list of locations, and list of hosting
groups. The calendar default view was excluding those additions so I updated
the calendar view so by default it shows everything again. For some reason I
forgot to add Community Connections as a working group initially- I added it
the other day, but since the display wasn't showing any Community
Connections events, they werent displayed.

Finally, I changed the old CC event so that it's repeat ended this past
week, leaving the past events intact. This should be noted as important for
preserving the record of past events, particularly for working group
meetings. For example, I could have just deleted the Wed entry, which was
set to repeat until next year. But that would have removed the record of the
group meeting from now back to the time the event was created. Something to
note if you make changes to other working group event times. Also a little
archival anal-retentiveness coming out here from your rad librarian.

anyhoo. All fixed, explained, etc. let me know if you run into anything else
or have ?s

-C

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 5:14 PM, Chris Ritzo <chris.ritzo at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'll look into this and get back to you.-C
>
> On Apr 23, 2010 4:00 PM, "Katy Vizdal" <katyvizdal at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Chris,
>
> I've been having some difficulty with submitting events to the calendar and
> them not showing up.  For example I just submitted one for the Community
> Connections meeting and it is nowhere to be found.
>
> I had this same problem when we first switched to the new calendar.
>
> Do you know what might be happening?
>
> Thanks,
> Katy
>
> --