[UCIMC-Tech] [RFU] Inappropriate behavior

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 7 18:21:05 CDT 2010

Sometimes people just have to be asked to leave.

If anyone gets in this situation, please remember that I am usually just
a phone call away (344-5609) to assist you in temporarily resolving
inappropriate behavior no matter where or who it occurs with in the IMC
building.

Groups and staff can ask those engaged in this or similar behavior to
leave the IMC. I obviously don't have all the facts yet, but it seems
clear that the person involved should have been asked to leave. If they
refuse, you should be prepared to call 911 -- or me. 911 if there seems
to be an immediate danger or me if someone needs to be asked officially
to leave, yet it does not seem appropriate to request the police.

In doing so, they should be asked not return to the _entire building_
until the next Steering meeting, while notifying those involved that
they can return and discuss it then. Such a temporary ban from the
building can be imposed at any time until reviewed by Steering, which
will then take such action as is necessary to resolve the problem.

Obviously, when people are being unreasonable, they may be similarly
unwilling to come to terms that they are being asked to leave. Then you
have 3 choices:

* call me;
* call 911;
* anything else that may be decided in Steering to update the present
policy.

Regards,
Mike Lehman