[UCIMC-Tech] Finance computer state

Brian Duggan bcdugga at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 16:55:35 CDT 2010

There are several indicators that the hard disk in the finance computer
is dying.

The bad news is that the backup software was in a 99% configured state,
and no backups were actually occurring.

The good news is that we can still read the disk fine for now. A few
hours ago I started a local backup to a large, external USB hard disk.
This process is going very slowly and won't be complete for another
couple hours or so.

The ideal solution would be to replace the disk once this process is
complete, reinstall Windows and QuickBooks, then restore the finance data.

In order to do this, we need a few things:

What are the essential applications on the finance computer besides
QuickBooks? Is MS Office absolutely necessary? Would OpenOffice do? Others?

For the applications that are necessary, which do you, Joy or Jason,
have licensed copies of? This includes the CD and any associated license
key.

After we've backed up the finance data and obtained copies of all the
necessary software, we can begin rebuilding the finance computer.

Thanks!
Brian

--
Brian Duggan