[UCIMC-Tech] Finance computer state

JOY imcbooks at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 17:19:40 CDT 2010

Hello Brian,

Thanks so much for troubleshooting!!! It is unfortunate that it worked fine
and then out of the blue, quit functioning, but that has been my experience
with windows...

If you want me to function, I will need ms office and excel, along with
quickbooks. Open office will not do. I cannot emphasize that enough. It is
not open for discussion.

As a Mac user, I do not personally own the license to any of these current
applications for windows. I own an older version but most folks send files
in the newer version that cannot be opened with the older version. Can the
copy that is currently on the computer be reinstalled on the new hard drive?

It is possible that Jason may have the Quickbooks disc, and would need to
locate that, but it has been removed from the finance office. JASON WOULD
NEED TO MAKE SURE THAT HE HAS THE MOST CURRENT BACKUP OF QB AND I THINK HE
DID THAT LAST NIGHT BUT I WOULD WANT TO CALL HIM BEFORE YOU BEGIN DOING
ANYTHING!!!

It may be time to buckle down and purchase this software if we don't have it
on hand any more. How about through tech soup? Their new ordering year just
started July 1 so we should be able to purchase 4 items, I think is how that
works... Or we could use funds from the Americorp grant, which includes $500
for office supplies.

Fellow Financiers, please chime in...

Joy

--